Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Knowledge Tree

1.Dilara is my name which means pretty. I am from Azerbaijan the country of fires. I live in Baku the city of winds and the capital of my country. To be from Azerbaijan means to love poetry, to love music, to love nature and so on. Therefore, I like to study literature and music in the high school.I sang in the music school chorus and play piano. At the school to study literature and read works of Azerbaijani classics.But I also like to study mathematics and learn English.I like drawing pictures and making nice things with my hands.
I have dreams and wishes like everybody.I sometimes dream to travel allaround the world and see many countries.Therefore,I would like to be an international journalist and make reportages about peoples in the world,their culrtures,traditions,lives,cuisine and problems.I like to observe nature and people, so it will be an interesting job for me.
I want to tell you about my personality.But it is hard to talk about myself,because I can be different in different places and times.For example, when I am in new place with people I do not know, I can be shy and quite.But when I am with my friends at school or at home I am outgoing and like to be a leader.I like to work with my friends on interesting projects and make something nice and difficult.


2.Media plays important role in my life.I get a lot of information about the world and learn new things about my people,community and different cultures and traditions.Media is very powerful in our lives, because it forms our world.I like surfing in the internet.I read a lot of news and information on the internet.But I also like reading books.Now I read a book of Husain Javid famous Azerbaijani writer.Drama named "Devil" and it is about the war,peoples troubles and tragedies during wars. It is a very touching story.
I watch TV one or two hours everyday. I watch movies,cartoons,music clips and entertaining programs.Recently,I watch Kung-Fu Panda cartoon movie.It was very funny and I laughed a lot.I do not play videogames but play computer games, for example Luxor Amun Rising.


3.I'm concerned about cleaning of my city and traffic jams on the roads.I believe that we need to educate citizens of my community that they keep our city clean,protect nature and be careful on the roads when they drive and follow traffic rules.They should beleive that it is important for their health and welfare.They should learn about the role of community service for that. Everybody should contribute to the community for free if they live in it.


4.I think that DOTCOM program will creat for me a lot of opportunities for getting new acquaintances,having information about other countries and learning teh ways of using opportunities of Information Technology for learning about the world and telling the world about my country.I will be an ambassador of my county and share my country's culture and traditions with my new friends from ohter countries.I will contribute with my interesting ideas,skills and experience for goals of this program.I hope that it will be interesting for other peoples to learn about my country and works with me in this project.

5 comments:

  1. Dilara,

    Wonderful KNOWLEDGE TREE here - thanks for taking the time to give us your in-depth and detailed thoughts.

    I look forward to reading your personal media inventory soon...

    Vive DOTCOM!

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    It has a nice blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
    A hug from my country, Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! My name is Katie, I'm from the US. I really like the information in your blog, you seem like a good representative of your country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dilara,
    Nice blog. I've watched Kung-Fu Panda too with my little cousin. Did you watch it in english, or was it translated?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sabrina your blog is also nice.First I watched this film in Russian, and then I watched it in English, and it helped me a lot in understanding the whole context, and each sentence.

    ReplyDelete